Friday, August 10, 2012

Sassanid Pushtigbhan (Royal guard)

Sassanid Royal Guard


Finally finished my Sassanian Shah's  guard unit, all the cavalry are A & A miniatures and the running roman is Foundry, based for impetus. I decided to use the mace armed figures to set them apart from the rest of the Savaran,  I have also painted them in a mix of colours, but sticking to a limited palette of red and  gold to link them all together. The shields are LBM transfers.


My Shah is in Royal Purple and rides a white horse, where as his men ride all black Nisean horses. At this stage I will stay with the banner I have given them until my LBM banner arrives, then this banner will bill presented to another unit!!

Only four more Cataphract units to complete my Sassanid Army, and yes I intend to paint them all as individual knights!



Sassanid cavalry 










Cheers
Matt





8 comments:

Jay said...

Always a great pleasure to view your modeling work, Sir. Super detailed job.

Neil Scott said...

Great looking unit. The Sassanids are one of the best looking armies in my view

Unlucky General said...

Very impressive mate - the detail on the caparison is outstanding. I was concerned about your having to undertake the Royal cav at Lewes but not now. Suck it up.

Doug said...

Very nice work. I must get round to painting mine... Based for DBMM of course...

DadExtraordinaire said...

Impressive. I love the shield blazons and the caparisons.

Cyrus said...

Great work Matt, these look fantastic!

BigRedBat said...

Very nice Matt, love the trappings!

Simon

DeanM said...

Matt:

Wow! The barding, shields and standard are all incredibly well painted. Truly a work of art. Best, Dean